There are few things in the world as amazing as holding your full manuscript in your hands.
Before I get to my story, I want to let you know that I’m offering 20% off my Write Your Friggin’ Book Already™ program! Use code HOLDITINYOURHANDS by May 22 to get your discount.
Only 3 spots are available so book now and in four months you’ll be holding your manuscript in your hands!
This week, I held the manuscript of my latest novel in my hands for the first time and it felt FRIGGIN’ AMAZING!
My sister decorated the cover for me (she chose the working title) and my nieces insisted I read my favorite parts to them at night before we go to bed. My best friends have sent me celebratory gifts and I made an epically fancy meal to mark the occasion.
Is my book done? No.
Do I still have a long road ahead of me before it’s published? Yes.
Is it still worth celebrating? Absolutely!
Every step you make towards making your dreams a reality deserves to be celebrated!
Nine months ago, I sat down to finish a completely different book and ended up writing this one. I’ve lived in my character’s worlds since then, dreaming of them and sometimes forgetting that they aren’t real (or are they?). It’s been a wild ride, but a wonderful one as well.
The book is about a fat queer girl trying to make it in Hollywood. It was inspired by a dream I had about The Rock and my ultimate goal is to turn it into a movie some day.
But first, I have to finish it.
Finishing a book takes patience and accountability. It requires carving out time in your life and focusing in on what’s important to you and your story.
Most importantly, it takes help.
I’ve had a lot of help along the way. I’ve been taking UCLA Writer’s Program courses, I’ve had encouragement and critiques from friends, I’ve hired multiple professional editors and writing coaches to help me. But all of that investment of time and money is 1000000% totally worth it to hold your manuscript in your hands.
If you dream of writing a book, you’re also going to need some help. That’s why I’m offering 20% off my Write Your Friggin’ Book Already™ program so you can feel the amazing satisfaction of holding your book in your hands.
Book by May 22 with code HOLDITINYOURHANDS and you’ll get 20% off this intensive coaching program.
Only 3 spots are available right now, so book today at LaurenMarieFleming.com/coaching.
Do you have an amazing story idea but just can’t find the time to write it? Maybe you’ve even written a few chapters of your book, but your self-doubt has kept you from finishing it. Writing takes patience and practice, but it also takes support and accountability. You don’t have to go at it alone.
To be a writer, you must write. It’s as simple as that.
Sadly, writer’s block, life commitments, self-doubt, social media, familial obligations often distract you from sitting your ass in the chair and writing.
Without an accountability program with concrete goals and deadlines, you’ll never get your story out in the world.
I have helped thousands of people overcome self-doubt to turn their goals into easily achievable action steps.
The key to holding your finished manuscript in your hands is accountability and support. You can’t do it alone and you don’t have to.
This week, I shed tears of joy at holding my complete manuscript in my hands. I want to help you do the same.
Celebrate my finished manuscript and start working on your own with 20% off my Write Your Friggin’ Book Already™ program. Book by May 22 with code HOLDITINYOURHANDS.
I am so excited to continue sharing my writing journey with you and can’t wait to be a part of your writing journey too.
With so much love and excitement,
P.S. Not sure if we’re a good fit? Hop on a free consulting call with me. Book it here.
This week’s writerly resources (make that money honey!):
- Poets & Writers presents the Amy Award each year to recognize promising women poets, age 30 and under, living in the New York City metropolitan area or on Long Island. Apply by June 1.
- Are you passionate about #disability rights? Are you passionate about writing? Then you should apply for the Rooted in Writing Fellowship.
- Are you an unpublished, diverse writer or illustrator in need of financial support? Check out the Walter Grant.
- Dream of writing TV? NBC’s Writers on the Verge program is open until May 31. Apply today! You’ve got this!
- I just bought ‘The Illustrated Herbiary’ by Maia Toll and can’t wait to get super witchy in my pantry. Also, how great is this pre-order page? Book marketing goals right here.
Got a resource you want to share with others? Reply to this email and let me know.
What we’re loving right now (books, blogs, movies, art, etc.):
- My friend Matt Kugelman’s new movie is out and it’s so friggin’ hilarious! Check out this drag queen comedy starring Bianca del Rio and Rachel Dratch.
- Bustle’s got 15 Latinx Authors You Really Need To Be Reading Right Now and I want to read them all.
- I loved Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova and am so excited for its sequel Bruja Born. Until May 18, Labyrinth Lost is only $1.99 on ebook!
- Reader Susan Fekete finished her book Ten Boxes: A Story of Stuff and I’m so excited for her. Check it out!
Got a book or article you’re loving right now? Created something you’d like to share with other readers? Reply to this message and I’ll include your recommendation in a future newsletter. Also, let’s connect on Goodreads!
Please note: some of these links above may be affiliate links, meaning I get a % if you make a purchase on the site it links to. Affiliate linking helps keep my newsletter and blog going, but I promise to only suggest things I love.