Hi, I’m Lauren
A Storyteller and Content Marketing Queen
I help companies discover their unique story and tell it to the world.
1/3 of the world (that’s 2.5 billion people) is on social media¹, yet studies show that humans are less emotionally connected and engaged with each other than ever². Maybe that’s because 55% of marketers have no clear content marketing strategy and don’t know what content marketing success or effectiveness looks like¹.
With content marketing strategies that put relationship building first, I help companies stop shouting into the void and start creating meaningful, long-term connections with their customers.
I can increase your traffic and turn readers into loyal customers and return visitors.
Working with Lauren was integral to my website copy becoming relatable, crisp, and effective. She helped me wrangle my vague notion of what I wanted to convey and morphed it into exactly what my clients needed to read.
Ashley Manta, Creator, CannaSexual, Inc.
Lauren has an innate knack for storytelling and a keen editor’s eye. She knows what an audience wants and knows how best to give it to them.
Matt Kugelman, Writer and director of Hurricane Bianca and HB2, Kugie Film Company
I’ve watched Lauren create and grow her online content creation business from the ground up, building loyal followers and staking her claim as an influential blogger. Sitting on panels with her at conferences over the years, I’ve witnessed Lauren’s quick wit and wisdom and am impressed with her knowledge of the online content marketing world.
Mona Darling, Coach, Darling Propaganda, LLC
What I Can Do For You
I bring old-school analog connection to the modern digital world.
For over seven years, I’ve helped bloggers, writers, and companies define who they are and discover unique ways to convey their story to customers. My content strategies are based around engagement, focusing on increased interactions and conversations with customers.
Creative CopyWriting & Editing
With over fifteen years experience, writing fun, engaging, and informative content for magazines, websites, and companies, I’m able to complete any copy task, including blog posts, social media campaigns, email marketing, product descriptions, internal communications, press releases, sales pages, landing pages. I also have extensive experience editing and managing content creation by other writers, including working at magazines and running a small press.
By focusing on highly targeted segmentation of your customer base, I can help you reach your clients with the content they most want to see, where and how they can best absorb it. With my segmentation techniques, I’ve been able to get up to 40-85% email open rates for myself and my clients, high above the industry standard of 11%.
43% of people only skim blog posts¹, which is why I write articles with catchy headlines, easy-to-follow bullet points, and bolded takeaways. Which just happens to also boost SEO. Yes, I’ll add alt-tags and keyword focuses, but more importantly, my SEO strategies are based around creating useful, high-quality, relevant content people will want to return to again and again, sharing with their friends each time.
More about my fancy credentials.
With over fifteen years experience in digital content marketing and seven years experience running my own digital media company, I bring both left-brain logistical tools and right-brain creative problem solving to each job and project.
J.D. from the University of Oregon School of Law, 2011
B.A. in Cinema from San Francisco State University, 2006
Brown University, 2012
Yale University, 2013
Multiple conferences and colleges around the world, including BlogHer, BinderCon, and Wordstock.
Founder & Content Queen at Bordista Media LLC – 2011 – today
Development and Implementation of Brand Strategy
- Help entrepreneurs and startups define who they are as a brand and develop a content strategy focused around engaging customers in conversations with the company.
- Gain insights by gathering market, product, and client feedback and maintain marketing databases and reports.
- Prioritize resources and budget based on client research, and create promotions focused on branded content and interactive media.
- Manage brand strategy implementation with employees and contractors making sure all content aligns with company goals.
- Successful launches of over 50 products, blogs, projects.
Segmentation and SEO Strategies
- Run highly targeted email marketing campaigns with open rates of 30-85%, high above industry standards.
- 10 years experience building and running sites in WordPress that are visually appealing, interesting to read, and search engine optimized.
Creative Copywriting and Editing
- Managed a small press specializing in promotional ebooks for online companies and bloggers for three years.
- Edited multi-author blogs and write pieces for major publications.
Other Pertinent Experiences and Responsibilities
- Produce ideas for events and organize them efficiently, including selling out multiple high-end retreats each year through targeted content marketing campaigns.
- Give talks all over the world on the business side of creativity and the creative side of business.
Marketing Assistant at Ninkasi Brewing Company – 2012 – 2013
- Helped roll out product in their new Southern California market.
- Acted as the face of the company and did B2B marketing, collaborations, and connections.
- Worked seasonal direct marketing, including small venue tastings and large scale brewing festivals.
Editorial Assistant & Contributing Writer for Magazines including VICE, Curve, Huffington Post – 2005 – 2011
- Wrote a weekly column for Curve, VICE and Huffington Post.
- Known for a quick turnaround and reliable research.
- Maintained editorial calendar and designated jobs to writers, editors, photographers.
- Wrote press releases and worked with multiple media outlets.
Senior Administrative Assistant at the International Society for Technology in Education – 2006 – 2007
- Assisted with all logistics of 40,000 person conference, managed budget reports, contracts and compliance with vendors, sponsors, hotels, and government.
- Oversaw a team of 200 volunteers.
Production Assistant & Board Member at North County Coalition for the Arts – 1998 – 2001
- Responsible for making and maintaining contact with all parties including talent, sponsors, and public.
- Created and maintained budget and schedule for pre and post-production.
- Marketed shows and fostered community buy-in; worked various aspects of production during the shows.
Constantly attending events and taking courses to maintain professional knowledge and contacts.
B-School – Online marketing strategies for entrepreneurs.
F* Yeah Funnels – Creating entertaining and informative funnels that sell.
Webinar Rockstar – Using webinars to boost your sales and client satisfaction
Currently Enrolled in – GoogleAd Words certification program, HubSpot inbound certification program, and Writers’ Program at UCLA Extension.
Software & Programs
Email Marketing – MailChimp, ConvertKit, Emma
Webinars – Demio, WebinarJam, Webinar Ninja, Google Hangouts
Web Design– Divi, Squarespace, WordPress, HTML, CSS
Graphic Design – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Cloud
Adventurer and Language Lover
- Lived in Italy, the Czech Republic, and Mexico.
- Visited over a dozen more countries, including extended trips to Ukraine, China, and Japan.
- Travelled all across the U.S.A. and dream of visiting every National Park someday.
- Adaptive to varying cultures and situations.
- Speak conversational Spanish, beginning Italian, and enough Czech to order a beer and a brat.
Amateur Artist and Aspiring Chef
- I love finding new ways to explore my creativity.
- My grandfather taught me to paint and I still create art with the supplies he left my sister and I when he died.
- I’m taking a MasterClass with Gordon Ramsey right now and I’m dedicated to learn to make a properly risen chocolate soufflé.
- Constantly seeking to learn, grow and continue to make a positive impact on the world around me.
- Dedicated to community engagement and volunteer often.
- Focus my work on amplifying marginalized voices.
Highlights from my time as a content creator.